Is your staff trained to provide patients with the best possible experience?
Behind every great doctor is a team of employees that keep a practice running smoothly, and the staff members that are the first point of interaction for patients and referring physicians require several professional skills. They must have a thorough understanding of your brand and services, they should be trained to convert inquiries into new patients, and finally, they should treat each patient with friendliness and compassion. Most of these skills are not just about good hiring practices, but rather, require practice-specific training.
At Points Group, we have developed a series of standard and custom staff-training programs to meet your practice’s needs. These programs are designed to assess the current processes, implement improvements, and create a culture of customer service. All programs can be implemented individually or as a package. During our initial consultation, we can help determine which programs are best suited for your needs.
Staff Assessment Programs
Most practices recognize that some of their problem areas need to be addressed, but few practices are able to identify ALL of their process issues. Our assessments include an initial consultation with physicians and practice management.
Additional assessment programs include:
- Secret Shopper: This assessment is designed to replicate real-life scenarios with our secret shopper team, in order to assess how your staff handles different situations. The secret shopper begins by requesting appointments by phone or online, and then follows through with the entire appointment experience – including initial check-in, diagnostics, doctor visit, and billing. At the conclusion of the secret shopper assessment, a report will be delivered identifying strengths, weaknesses, as well as suggestions for improvement.
- Recorded Call Analysis: A sampling of recorded calls will be analyzed to identify and address areas such as your employees’ practice knowledge, problem solving skills and tone. A report will be delivered identifying strengths, weaknesses and suggestions for improvement.
- Practice Surveys: Patient Satisfaction Surveys should be a best practice standard at your medical practice. Points Group has developed an online satisfaction survey to capture the experience of all new patients in real-time.
Customer Service Training
This one-day employee training will include:
- How to properly represent the practice brand
- How to work as a cohesive team
- Verbal and non-verbal communication skills including tone exercises
- How to handle a distressed patient
NEW EMPLOYEE TRAINING
Once your entire team has been trained, all new employees will need to understand the standards you have set. Points Group offers new employee customer service training to ensure a smooth transition into the practice.
Process Improvement Program
During the initial assessment phase, we may identify internal processes that hinder employee performance and the ability to provide an exceptional patient experience. Once the areas of improvement have been identified, a plan and timeline of execution will be developed.
Every practice has different needs but common process improvements include:
- Process and training documentation
- Phone tree optimization
- Appointment scheduling optimization
- Insurance handling
- Appointment follow-up optimization
- Employee job function assessment